- Music Copyright Tutorials – YouTube tutorials on basic music copyright
- IMSLP – music copyright made simple United States, Canada and European Union. Easy to read chart as to when works pass into the public domain.
- United States Copyright Office copyright basics
- When a work passes into the public domain – United States. Easy to read chart provided by Univ. of North Carolina.
- Search for copyrighted works: works registered and documents recorded by the U.S. Copyright Office since January 1, 1978.
- Copyright Term and Public Domain in the United States: an easy-to-read table published by Cornell
Music licensing and royalty/rights management organizations: